- IT |
SynopsisDresses run ashore like survivors from a shipwreck. A nun spots them from afar and they’re quickly scooped up, laid to dry, and find a new life as celebrities in an unnamed local hotel run by the entrepreneurial nuns. A herd of paparazzi stampede the lobby with their invasive zoom lenses. But something’s not quite right. The story they want isn’t the story they’re about to be given. That story belongs to a very special dress and she’s going to tell it exactly her way.
De Djess is the ninth commission from "Miu Miu Women’s Tales", the short-film series by women who critically celebrate femininity in the 21st century.
a tempesta / carlo cresto-dina production and Hi Production Max Brun
Year of production
BIOAlice Rohrwacher was born in 1981 in Fiesole (Italy) and studied in Turin and Lisbon.
She has worked in music, performing as a musician for theatre and in documentary filmmaking as editor and director.
LE MERAVIGLIE / THE WONDERS Italy 2014 (111’)
- “Grand Jury Prize” Cannes Festival 2014
- “Best film” Filmfest München 2014
- "Black Pearl Award" New Horizons Abu Dhabi Film festival 2014
- "Special Jury Award" Seville European film Festival 2014
- "Best Screenplay" Mar del Plata International Film Festival 2014
- “Ingmar Bergman Int. Debut Award" 2012
- “Nastro d’Argento” Best Newcomer 2012
- “Ciak d’Oro” Best Newcomer 2012
- "Premio Suso Cecchi D'Amico" Best Screenplay 2012
CastGianetti / YANET MOJICA
Divina / ALBA ROHRWACHER
Crewwritten and directed by Alice Rohrwacher
director of photography Hélène Louvart
editor Marco Spoletini
stop motion Michelangelo Fornaro
set design Giulia Paolucci
director and acting coach Tatiana Lepore
costumes Loredana Buscemi
hair stylist Daniela Tartari
make-up Paola Gattabrusi
line producer Giorgio Gasparini
music by Cleaning Women